6 Tips for Moving Safely
When you are moving, you may have your mind focused on getting everything packed, finding a new home and cleaning up your old home. However, you also need to be focused on your safety! Every year there are numerous trips to the doctor and emergency rooms due to an injury that someone got while moving.
The Common Moving Injuries
What are the common moving injuries? There are several, but these are the ones that are seen most often:
- Back issues from sprains to slipped disks
- Knee pain
- Broken fingers or toes
- Sprained ankles
And remember, these injuries can affect you for the rest of your life. For example, a broken finger could result in arthritis later. Having issues with your back can flare up anytime you do something physical. With this being said, you must focus some of your energy on moving safely!
Tips for Moving Safely
So, how can you ensure that you are moving safely? Here are a few tips to remember at all times while moving:
- Never lift a box with your back…always remember to lift with your knees!
- Large boxes that you may be moving may require two people. It is always better to be safe than sorry when moving these larger items.
- Be sure that the floor is free from debris that could cause you to slip and fall. This includes trash and even preparing for weather elements.
- Have a first aid kit on hand in the event that something was to break, such as glassware, and this ends up cutting you.
- Always wear closed toe shoes to avoid injuries to your toes if at all possible.
- Be careful of what clothing you are wearing. Loose and big clothing may cause an accident if you were to fall on this.
Remember, if you are moving and need help, the professionals are here. Here at Dunmar Moving we are more than ready to handle your move so that you can ensure you are completely safe!