7 Tips to Sell a Home Sooner and Move
You have a new home picked out, you have called Dunmar, and we have scheduled your move, so you are ready to go right? Not if you are trying to sell your home. There are a few families that are able to move into a new home, while their current home is on the market. Others may have to wait until their home is sold. However, whatever you are doing, chances are you want this home sold quickly so you can devote all your energy to moving and making your new house into a home.
With this being said, we have a few tips that can help to get your home sold sooner. And for those who know that they will be wanting to sell their home soon and moving, be sure that you follow these tips and don’t forget to call us, Dunmar Moving, to schedule your move!
- Do some paint touch ups around the house! Consider touching up the walls where pictures may have hung, the trim along the floors and the like. The better the paint job looks, the better the house works.
- Talk to someone that is an outsider. Ask them what you need to do to get your home sold sooner. For example, your real estate agent can be a great source for this!
- Be sure that you are decluttering your home, which is a great tip if you plan on moving soon, anyways.
- When taking photos of the home for a website or the like, or even when you have people coming into to see the home, remember to keep your pets out of the way. While you may love your huge dog, you are going to find that not everyone is going to love him/her.
- Remember that when selling a home, lighting is everything. Be sure that you have as much natural light in the home as possible. This is a huge selling point!
- Make sure your home has some great curb appeal…as this is the first impression that your home is making to potential buyers.
- Have a plan for when you want your home shown and whether you will be here during this showing. Some relators prefer that you are not, while others do not care. Be sure to talk with your real estate agent on what he or she wants you to do when your home is being shown to potential buyers.
Remember, the process of selling a home and moving into a new home is going to take time. But these tips can make it run a bit smoother!