College Freshman Moving into College
Any move is stressful. However, add in the first time being on your own, new people, new college and you have the recipe for a full-fledged panic attack! Luckily, here at Dunmar Moving we have helped numerous freshmen move into their college dorm and over the years we have seen just what a person can do in order to make this move effortless.
- Be sure that you check the paperwork! Make sure that you have the right dorm building, room number and the right date for when you can move in!
- Be sure to get to know your roommate! Perhaps do this over the summer or as soon as you get the rooming assignments.
- Do not bring your entire wardrobe! We have moved many students in who brought enough clothing for the entire dorm room floor. Instead, stick to what you need that season, and then switch this out when needed. You do not have much room in dorms, so you do not want to flood it with clothing.
- When moving items that are hanging in closets, put a trash bag over these and then hang them up at the dorm. All you will have to do is to remove the garbage bag and you are unpacked.
- Ensure that you have a box that is your living kit. What should this have? First aid items, cleaning items and laundry items.
The good news is that when you go with professionals to help you move in, you know that we have done this several times. Instead of feeling panicked that there are so many people trying to move in at the same time, we can take this with stride and get you to where you belong! The key for any college freshmen is to be prepared and take a deep breath…you will be fine and this will be a once in a lifetime experience.