Fly by Night Move: Make This Easier
While we all hope that when you move, you have plenty of time to organize this move, find a new home and arrange for movers, it does not always turn out like this. Instead, you may find that you must be out of your home within the next two weeks, hire the movers, and then pack your belongings. We often term these “fly by night” moves. While this type of move is more stressful, we have compiled a few lists of aspects you need to do as soon as possible, and what you can put off for a bit to get everything ready for your move.
What to Do Now
There are several things that you need to do now to make this move as easy as possible. These aspects include:
- Call the moving company and schedule your date for moving. For those who call Dunmar Moving we will work with you in any way that we can to make this easier on you!
- Find boxes for packing. You will find that many stores have numerous boxes that they would otherwise throw out, so go ask for these immediately.
- Start packing now! Pack a bit each night so that you are not faced with packing your entire home in a few days.
- Stop the grocery shopping now for anything other than essentials, otherwise, you will have a refrigerator full of items that you cannot eat and must pack up with you.
- Donate those items you do not need to the thrift store, as you are not going to have time to host a garage sale.
3 Days Before the Move Date
Once you get to the point that you are 3 days away from moving, here are some of those items that you need to do:
- Double check your moving reservation with the company.
- Ensure that your overnight bag is packed for being away from home and without your belongings.
- Have your vehicle ready to go for when you are leaving, as many people may look at this as a road trip.
- Do the last of the packing so that things are ready to go for the movers.
While it may seem too much right now, one of these moves can be a success. You simply must take a deep breath, plan and take this one day at a time. Also, be sure that you call us for whatever help we can assist with!
< Moving Tips & Articles