Packing An Overnight Moving Bag
It was the night before a move, and all through the house boxes were piled high and excitement was just as high. Are you prepared for the first night out of your old home? The mistake that many people make when they move, is that they do not plan for a few hours or days without their majority of their belongings. Whether this be due to the moving company not able to get these items to them in a few hours, or due to their belongings still being packed. It can make a situation that is stressful, even more so. That is why we often recommend that those who are moving keep out a duffle bag that contains those personal items that they cannot do without.
Adults: What to Pack
For those who are adults, there are several items that they are going to want to pack in their duffle bag for the time between packing their belongings and then receiving these at your new home. These items include:
- Personal items such as deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, hand soap, shampoo and the like
- A towel for taking a shower in a new home
- A change or two of clothing
- Medications that are taken on a daily basis
- First aid kit
With these items in a duffle bag, you are prepared for whatever may come your way, whether you get your items delivered in a day or a week.
Children: What to Pack
You also need to pack a duffle bag for children to have while waiting for the delivery of your items. For children, you may want to consider packing:
- Personal items
- A favorite toy or blankets
- Small toys to play with when bored
- A pillow or sleeping bag
- Some over the counter medications for fever or pain, as it never fails that when you don’t have it, you are going to need it
In the end, be sure that you are packing what you may need. This way, you are prepared for whatever situation may arise. If you are in need of a mover, be sure to contact us here at Dunmar Moving.
< Moving Tips & Articles