5 Things to Remember When MovingPosted on: Wednesday, February 26th, 2020
Moving is stressful! That is something that we can agree upon, and one of the things that makes it so stressful are those items or things to do that you forget because you are moving. With this in mind, we have a list of the top 7 things people often forget about when they move, so you can make a mental note to watch out for…so your move is a bit less stressful!
- Don’t forget to leave the garage door opener for the new residents of your home. Too many times, this is one of those things that you have in your purse or car and simply forget to leave!
- Remember items that you may have hidden around the house. For example, maybe you have a change jar in the back of a cabinet and didn’t pack it, don’t forget to grab it.
- Get all the spare keys together and place them in the home. If you have a hidden key outside under a rock, be sure that you are putting it inside before leaving.
- Change your mailing address and stop mail at your new home. There is nothing worse than knowing you have several days worth of mail at your old home when you arrive at your new location.
- Copies of medical records, including those for your pets, are needed when you are moving and changing your doctor/vet locations. Having these on hand, just makes things ten times easier!
Have you moved recently and forgot to do one of these things? If so, rest assured that you are not alone in forgetting these 5 things!