5 Tips for Business Who are Looking to MovePosted on: Tuesday, August 18th, 2020
For those business owners who are debating on whether now is the time to move, there may never be a better time. While many businesses are keeping skeleton crews at their location, they have put many of their employees working from home. Thus, their physical location is not as busy as it once was. For this reason, many businesses are considering whether now is the time to move their location or even downgrade. If you are considering a new location, we have a few tips that can help you ensure this move goes smoothly.
- Have your new location picked out and the address ready. Change this address on your website so that you can be found later.
- Send out an email alerting all your customers that you are moving your location and ensure that this is not going to interfere with the service or product they receive from you.
- Make sure that your office employees have cleaned out the personal items in their desks. There is no reason why you should try to move these with your office, and you really shouldn’t, since these are personal items of your employees.
- Hire professional movers for your move so that you do not have to do the physically lifting! Dunmar would be happy to handle your office move and do this with precision to ensure it is not even the slightest bit stressful for you.
- Have a plan. This means you should know what needs to be moved, what items stay with the building, any rental office equipment that needs to be returned before the move, along with any other items that you may need to remember.
For those office owners who are moving, now may be the time to take this plunge, and hopefully these tips will make it easier on you.