5 Tips to Make a Move Less StressfulPosted on: Tuesday, July 7th, 2020
Looking to make your move even more stress free? Hiring Dunmar Moving to help with your move means you can opt to have the movers come in and load everything, drive it to your new location, and then move this into your new home. You can even opt to add on packers so that they come in and pack this all for you if you want to opt for a full service move. However, what else can you do if you are wanting to make your move even more stress free?
1. Hire a professional handyman for your home before the move and even after the move. Before the move, considering hiring someone to come in and patch holes, repaint if needed, fix any problems that are needed before you sell the home and the like. Once you move into your new home, a handyman can be great to help you get the home looking great. They can help with putting up furniture, hanging pictures, changing out faucets or other fixtures that you want to change in the new house.
2. Donate items that you no longer need. There is no reason that you should have to deal with those items that you no longer need when you move into a new home, so donate these and get them out of your way. That is one less thing that you have to worry about!
3. Have a packing system, such as color coding boxes to the rooms that they belong to. This way you are not scrambling to find something on the day that you move into your new home.
4. Arrange for your kids and pets to be somewhere else. It can be a huge stress to stop everything in order to get the kids a snack or drink, while also worrying about your pets who may try to run out of your home as soon as the door is open. Hire a babysitter or a pet sitter to stay with the kids in the house, away from movers, or let them stay at the home of the babysitter.
5. Label all those electronics and take pictures of how they are hooked up. This will save you a huge headache when you move into your new home.
For those who are getting ready to move, you will find that a move is a hectic time. However, with a few tips you can make it just a bit easier.