6 Ways to Have a Stress Free MovePosted on: Thursday, February 20th, 2020
Is it possible to have a stress free move? Most people would say no. However, it most definitely can be yes! The key is to plan accordingly and then get professionals to help handle the physical moving of things. When you do this, you may find that moving is an experience that doesn’t make you want to pull your hair out! With this in mind, here are a few tips that can help you plan accordingly to make your move as stress free as possible!
- Set aside a basic cleaning kit to make a last round through the home before leaving. This basic kit should contain paper towels/cleaning rags, some sort of cleaner that is safe for all surfaces, and even a dust rag. Nothing so big that you cannot fit this kit in your personal vehicle.
- Make a color code based on the room that each box needs to go into. For example, if you choose blue for a bathroom, every box that belongs in this room should be written with a blue marker.
- Make a list of everything that is being moved and what box this is in. This master list can allow you to know that everything has been packed and is getting to your new destination.
- Set aside 5 to 10 extra boxes that you can use to pack on moving day for those last minute items that did not get packed to begin with. This way you aren’t trying to find a box to fit these items in or having to resort to throwing everything into a bag and putting this into your vehicle.
- When packing, try to keep things together. For example, utensils can be kept with the utensil holder, etc.
- You can use luggage for items that you are going to have with you. This way they don’t get accidentally packed into the moving truck.
Moving can be stressful. But, if you follow these tips and let the professionals help, you will be amazed at how pleasant a move can be.