8 Ways to Make Move-In Day EasierPosted on: Friday, December 28th, 2018
One of the problems that we see all too often is that when our movers are unloading the furniture and the boxes into a new home, the clients are at a loss as to what to do first! It can be overwhelming moving into a home after packing up everything you own. This can be even more complicated if you are moving into an area that you may not be familiar with or is a long way from where you have always called home. To make your life a bit easier, we have compiled a checklist of what you need to do as soon as you step into your new home, and some of these things can be done while our movers are still moving your items into the home.
- Check to make sure that all the utilizes are properly running. If not, make those phone calls now!
- Go around to each room and check that the windows and doors are in good shape, nothing broken and that these do lock. You want to be safe the first night you are in this home.
- Make sure boxes are put into their right rooms. Which is something that we can help with, just point us in the right direction and we can handle this.
- For pets, be sure that they have everything that they need and get them taken care of before you dive into unpacking.
- Unpack the essentials box first, as these are the items that you know you are going to need the first night you stay in your home.
- Assemble the bed, add sheets and comforters to get it comfortable for your first night of sleep in your new home.
- Hang towels, put down bath mats and unpack shower gels/lotions and whatever else is needed so that you can feel at home in the bathroom.