A Smooth Office Move: It Is PossiblePosted on: Friday, November 6th, 2020
There are many reasons why a business may decide to move to a new location. Maybe the rent has gotten to be too high at their current location, or maybe they hope that in going to a new area, they will attract even more business. Whatever the reason, the thought of moving an office can be more stressful then if you were moving your home. However, having a smooth move for your office is possible with this advice!
- What is your needs and timeline?
This is an important question to ask yourself. What is the timeline for the move? What is the date that you need to be operational in your new location and this old location needs to be bare? Knowing this will give you a guideline on what needs to get done and when it needs to get done by. Also consider your individual needs for your business. For example: Will there be a lot of computers and equipment that need to be moved? Do you have large elements to move that the movers will need to be aware of before moving day?
- Start building a plan!
Starting building a plan of what needs to be moved, what stays in the current location and even any inventory that needs to be moved as well. Here are a few examples of what you need to document onto a calendar to keep this plan moving:
– Dates that are just for packing the technology
– Days in which your employees need to pack personal belongings that they will move themselves to a new location
– The actual days the movers will be in office
– A date to announce to your current customers about your move complete with new location information to give to them
- Dedicate a team of your employees to the move.
In order to make this move as smooth as possible, dedicate a team of employees to oversee this move, including yourself. Here are a few ideas of what job titles should be:
– The person in charge of communication for this move
– The person handling the information from the moving company
– Those in charge of ensuring that everything gets packed and labeled as it should
– A team or person who is at your new location to ensure the delivery goes smoothly
The number of jobs you have will really depend upon the size of your move, so feel free to add more titles to this.
Moving an office does not have to be super stressful. With Dunmar Moving, you will find that commercial moves are something that we handle all the time, including small businesses to those that are larger. Contact our movers today to receive a free estimate.