Furniture Pick Up: What You Should KnowPosted on: Wednesday, April 25th, 2018
When you are moving, there are tons of things going on at the same time. It can be hard to make sure you are getting everything done that needs to be complete! When you are ready for the movers to pick up your furniture, there are a few things that you should remember that will help this process to go more smoothly!
- Be sure that you are present when the furniture is being loaded. This is to ensure that everything goes smoothly and no issues arise.
- Make sure that there are descriptions of each piece of furniture in terms of how they are. For example, note scratches, chipped, dented pieces and the like. This way there is no issue as to if this damage happens due to the move.
- The movers will make a description of the damage to furniture before accepting this, thus you are going to have to go over this and make sure you agree.
- Always be sure to get a copy of this information so that you have a copy, along with the moving company.
- Make sure that everything that is being moved by the company is listed.
Why is this information important? Because this ensures that there is an open line of communication between you and the moving company. In addition, you are going to find that this is a great way to ensure that everything arrives at your new home in the same condition that it left in. This is also important for the moving company, as this protects them as well.
For those who are ready to move, be sure to call Dunmar Moving. We are here to help you with your move, and we want you to be happy with how we move your items, just like so many others have been!