Is Moving During the Holidays a Good Idea?Posted on: Monday, November 16th, 2020
When most people think about moving, they are thinking about a hot summer day usually. However, for many reasons, there are those who move around the major holidays during the year. Is this a good move? It truly depends on the person as to whether moving during the holidays is a good idea or not. But, you will find that moving during the holidays has its pros and cons.
The Pros of Moving During the Holidays
When it comes to moving during the holidays, you are going to find that there are several benefits that you may find:
- Since you are moving during the off season, you may find that you have a wider range of dates that the professionals can offer you for your move.
- You may find that the rates for a holiday move are a bit lower than if you were to move during the peak moving season.
- You may not have to worry about the heat when you move during this time of the year!
- You have the benefit of starting the year fresh in your new home, ready to make it your own!
The Cons of Moving During the Holidays
While there are benefits of moving during the holidays, there are some cons that you need to consider:
- A move during the holidays can throw off your holiday celebrations. To avoid this, we recommend that you move before Christmas, especially if you have kids so that they can celebrate this magical holiday in their new home.
- This is a busy season, you are shopping and planning, and when you throw a move into this, it can be overwhelming. We recommend that you contact the professionals to help not only with the physical move, but also with the packing!
So, is moving during the holidays a good idea? It can be, if you have the right help. And Dunmar is the company to call to get the right help and pros behind you to make this move stress-free!