Keeping Cool During a Summer MovePosted on: Friday, July 12th, 2019
Summer is the time in which most people do move. However, they are not only battling the move itself, but also the heat. And don’t forget those popup summer storms that seem to hit right when you need to be outside. That is just a part of being in our location during the Summer. However, there are things that you can do while moving that is going to help you to stay cool!
- Be sure to take frequent water breaks. There is nothing more important than staying hydrated while you are doing anything physical, and packing and moving is definitely physical.
- Take breaks if you are out in the sun for a long period of time. Be sure that you are taking breaks inside the house where it is cool. A 10 minute break every hour is not unheard of for people to take when they are working in high temperatures.
- Don’t turn off your AC in the house just because you will be going in and out of the house. The cool in the house is going to be welcomed when you are working outside.
- Wear cotton clothing as this is going to be more breathable than other types of clothing out there. While you can wear shorts while moving, be sure to wear something other than sandals or flip flops. These types of shoes can cause you to fall down and result in injuries.
- Be sure to wear sunblock! Even if you are going to be in the shade, sunblock is a must have. While it may not keep you cool now…you don’t want a sunburn that is going to interfere with unpacking and relaxing in your new home.
For those who are going to be moving in the summer heat, we know that it can be hard. That is why you will want to let professional movers help you. They are experienced in working in this heat, and it will make your moving day that much better!