A Moving Day Dress CodePosted on: Friday, August 24th, 2018
When you think of moving do you often think of the boxes being carried out of your old home into your new home? You may think of beds being maneuvered upstairs and into freshly painted bedrooms. More than likely what you aren’t thinking about is what people are wearing.
Why Clothes are Important?
Why are clothes so important on moving day? After all, it is a physically demanding job, and most people are going to think that they do not look their best, and they really don’t care about not looking their best. What makes your clothing so important on moving day is the fact that what you wear could protect your or hurt you.
Rules and Tips to Move By
There are several rules and tips that you are going to want to remember about what you wear that can make all the difference!
- Comfort should be the main desire for moving day. It will be stressful enough, so at least be comfortable in what you are wearing.
- For those who have long hair, always wear this up and out of the way. You don’t want to get your hair caught in anything!
- Never wear heels! No matter how great you can walk in these, they can cause issues.
- Sandals should be avoided to, as you do not want to find yourself in the position in which your toes become injured.
- Loose fitting clothing can cause an issue by allowing you to get caught on objects or the like. The clothes that you wear should be fitted and snug.
Above all else, remember that moving day can be dirty, when it comes to the clothing that you wear, you will probably want to go with something that is dispensable. These may get torn or dirty beyond washing. Even if you decide to go with a professional mover like Dunmar Moving, you still want to dress for moving day to avoid any accidents.