Moving Last Minute? Tips to HelpPosted on: Friday, May 11th, 2018
Have you found yourself in a situation in which you must move last minute? Many times, this is the case. Perhaps you had a last-minute promotion, or maybe the landlord you rent from has already decided to get out of the renting game. Whatever the reason, a last-minute move can often cause a ton of stress! This stress can make a move into an experience that you never wish to repeat. However, we have a few tips that can help those who have to move the last minute!
Here are a few tips that can help you with a last-minute move:
- Be sure that you make a checklist. A checklist of everything including those things that you want to get rid of, tasks you need to do to move in and out of a home, along with anything else you do not want to forget.
- Start soon! As soon as you know your date for a move, start working on packing and getting things prepared.
- Take a few hours to get all the supplies that you will need including boxes, tape, markers, labels and anything else you need to pack.
- Make things easier by going room by room to pack and get ready.
- Don’t be afraid to ask family or friends for help. You may need it and you can always pay this back to them later, when they move.
If you have to move last minute, professional movers are going to be a great investment. For those in our area, Dunmar Moving is here for you! We can help with packing and getting your items to where they need to be. The key is to call us with a date as soon as you know you have to move. We will work with you to find a day and time to get you into your new home.