A Detailed Look at Packing DishesPosted on: Wednesday, April 25th, 2018
When moving, you are going to find that there is a lot of packing that takes place. One part of the packing process is packing all those dishes in your home. When you think about packing dishes, most people simply think about putting these dishes into a box. However, it is a bit more complicated than that. In order to help you with your next move, we have gathered together some helpful tips related to packing your dishes.
- Consider how you bought your dishes, more than likely they were placed back to back in a box. However, do not let this be the way in which you pack these dishes when you move. It actually makes these dishes more likely to break.
- Try packing these dishes upright, such as if you were putting these into the dishwasher. It is going to make these dishes more stable when they are being moved.
- Add filler material in between the gaps between the plates, such as cardboard dividers, newspaper or even some old rags and towels.
- You can loosely wrap each plate in newspaper or other material to help cushion the plates even better.
- You can pack bowls in the same manner as plates.
- Go light on the box that is holding these plates. Plates can get heavy rather quickly, so the less that you place into the box, the better.
Most importantly, be sure that this box is being labeled fragile. While you are following all of these packing tips, if the box is carried and dropped since the movers may have not known it was fragile, the plates are still going to break. In agitation, be sure that you are taking time with packing these dishes. The more you hurry, the more likely you are going to see broken dishes during and after the move.