Packing Procrastination 101Posted on: Friday, February 15th, 2019
Are you suffering from packing procrastination? Believe it or not, many people procrastinate packing, while they know that they have a move that is coming up…they keep putting off packing. They often think I have time, my move is still weeks away. However, fast forward a few weeks, and they are still avoiding packing even though the movers will be arriving in a day or two.
Why is Packing Procrastination an Issue?
Why is packing procrastination such a bad thing? Here are a few ways that putting off packing can affect your move:
- Waiting until the last second often results in not properly packing items in boxes which leads to broke items.
- You may rush to the point that you do not label boxes, which leads to confusion.
- You may forget items that you want to pack and leave things behind.
- You may pack up items that are best left or donated elsewhere. Why move something that you do not really need?
- It makes the move even more stressful…and no one needs any extra stress these days!
How to Beat Packing Procrastination
With the issues associated with packing procrastination, how can you avoid this? We have a few tips to help:
- Be sure that you have a list of what you need to pack and what needs to be done. Sometimes, the simple act of writing something down can make it easier to remember to stick to what needs to be done.
- Have a timeline for everything. Know when the movers are going to be arriving, and plan accordingly. Stick to this timeline as though your life depends on it!
- Try to avoid distractions. Meaning you shouldn’t sit down to watch a movie and say that you will get to the packing later. Instead, avoid those distractions so that you can get the job done.
- Don’t forget to reward yourself. If you get a room packed up completely, take a break, have a cookie or a frozen treat to reward yourself and get back to work!
For those who want even more help with packing procrastination, remember that Dunmar Moving can not only move your items, we have pros that can come in and pack for you as well!