6 Tips for Packing a GaragePosted on: Wednesday, April 25th, 2018
When moving, most people dread packing up their bedrooms and all of their kitchen. However, what about your garage? For many people, they wait until the last minute to pack up their garage, and in doing so, they find it harder to locate their items once they have moved. We have compiled a few tips to help you with packing up your garage, to ensure a less stressful move.
- The garage may be the one place that you want to start a few weeks beforehand, or even a month or more, if you are not going to need the items in the near future.
- Ensure that you are utilizing strong boxes, as many of the items in your garage such as tools, are going to be very heavy.
- Be sure to not over pack the box so that it weighs too much for the movers to put into their trucks. We recommend that no boxes weigh over 50 pounds.
- Sort the items in your garage so that like things go together. For example, you do not want one box to have wrenches, while another box contains your screwdrivers. Keep these items together!
- Use blankets to wrap the ends of those sharp tools that you may use, such as yard tools.
- Take a picture of your garage, if it is fully organized, before packing. This can be a great guide for setting up your new garage if you want to keep a familiar feel to this.
You can decide to let professional movers pack you as well. If you do, they are going to follow these types of tips in keeping items together as they should be, making them easier to find later. Either way, remember that when moving, local or long distance, that Dunmar Moving is here for you. We can help to make your move that much easier!