6 Tips for Saving Money During a MovePosted on: Wednesday, April 25th, 2018
Are you ready to move? Then we have some tips that can make your move that much easier, and save money for you in the long run!
- Find free moving supplies! Boxes usually cost quite a bit when you are moving. Instead, go around to local businesses to see if they have boxes that you can have. Not only will you be doing your part in saving the environment, but these boxes are often sturdy and great for moving.
- Make sure your moving contract has the price in it! Too many companies try to take advantage of you and then put these extra charges on you at the end of your move. That is something that you will not have to worry about with Dunmar, as we pride ourselves on our customer service and honest service.
- Moving mid-week or mid-month has been shown to be the cheapest option, as there are less moves taking place during this time.
- Try to avoid having to store your items in a self-storage unit, as this is money that you must pay each month. If you have excess items, consider selling some of these to put money into your pocket now.
- Start packing and arranging your move early, as you will be less likely to pay for those last-minute expenses that could cost a fortune.
- Have a moving budget so that you do not go over, which could hurt you later. Do make sure that you have some wiggle room in your budget in the event that you underestimate some expenses.
Moving does not have to be an expensive venture that takes you months to get out of debt for. Instead, move smart. Contact us for a date and a price that is going to fit into your moving plan, then look at other ways in which you can save money and have a successful move!